Thursday, September 1, 2016

Winding up Summer-Staying/Getting on Course






The vanilla scented Autumn Clematis is blooming all over my landscape. This lovely vine signals for me "Back to School" time! I love the end of August - early September. Back to school time has always seemed to me like a fresh start. I still enjoy indulging in some new "school supplies"'- crisp paper, new pens and pencils , notebooks and of course, art supplies!
I have a "back-to school "project to prepare for. This year I will at long last  be joining a Mastermind to learn about business in the 21st C- especially  based on a service/connection/ heart centered  approach. A few weeks ago I joined Connie Livingston in her Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PassionAndPurposeCreateACareerYouLove/ and it has been very enlightening. I especially enjoy Connie's Facebook Live chats which are archived so that they can be viewed again later. There is a wealth of information and there are many tips on finding your purpose and a career you love.I will keep you posted on my progress! Meanwhile Connie has a book Go Forward Fearlessly and  a very informative website: (Cornelia Ward IS Connie Livingston! I had to Google DBA to understand that some states encourage a business name https://www.entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/doing-business-as-dba~)
Author Cornelia Ward is a career and business mentor who helps people love Mondays!  
What does that mean?  Well, 80% of Americans wake up each morning dragging themselves to a job that’s just not working for them.  She thinks this is completely crazy!
Cornelia works with people to create a career transition plan - whether it's starting their own business or finding a new career path that really lights them up - so that they're really excited every Monday morning to get back to work!  This includes people who are self-employed and want to move deeper into the work they are meant to do or who are confident they are fulfilling their life purpose now but want to reach more people.
Her website is www.LifePurposeStrategySession.com where you can request a Complimentary Life Purpose Strategy Session with Cornelia and download a free copy of her book Go Forward Fearlessly! – perfect for anyone navigating major life transitions!
At these Complimentary Life Purpose Strategy Sessions, people walk away with so much more hope about the future and with concrete and creative ideas that they can implement immediately in their lives.
She has a free audio podcast, Go For Your Life Purpose, available on Itunes, Stitcher and at her website www.GoForwardFearlesslyBook.com


I am also delighted to share  that Reba Linker has a brilliant  new approach this autumn. Reba hosts the Leaders in Self Love Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadersinselflove/ which is upbeat , fun , and offers common sense about living a happy life. Reba reminds me of one of my favorite quotations from Jane Austen "Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery..." She focuses on what is good about life and she inspires us to share our insight and experiences.

Reba  is staging a revolution in common sense with her Courses a la Carte page! She has the 10-course meals – those courses with multiple lessons that will walk you through months of lessons, AND she has also innovated a series of ‘mini-courses.’This is a BRILLIANT approach - no overwhelm - just enough in each mini -course to inspire you to use the lessons in your life!
The mini-courses each have a central theme, a single lesson to give you exactly what you need at the moment. After each mini-course you get a beautiful Certificate of Completion that gives you a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and completion. Each mini-course stands alone. You can continue your exploration at your own pace when you are ready for the next mini-course.
Click here to visit Reba’s Courses a la Carte page! http://rebalinker.com/courses/

So, how about you? Are you in "back to school"mode? If so, what are you doing? Are you exploring new ways of learning?  Are you curious about the links I posted above? Do you join Facebook groups to discover new friends and new experiences?
I love your Comments! Please leave comments or email me or pm me on Facebook. Also take a peek at my Pinterest boards https://www.pinterest.com/colleen2322/   and please share yours with me! Thank you for stopping by!

15 comments:

Reba Linker said...

Dear Colleen, Thank you so much for sharing my Courses a la Carte offering on your blog. I am honored to be here and very delighted by and grateful for your support!

colleen said...

You are so welcome, Reba. Your mini courses are brilliant!

Unknown said...

I've always loved back to school time too and as I've learned, after the summer when most of us are 'all out' in the world, it is a time to come back in, reflect and see what calls us to continue on our own journey. Thanks for sharing such rich resources with us all, Colleen. Have a fabulous fall!

Unknown said...

Very lovely post with the visuals that honor your words. xoxo

colleen said...

Thank you, Beverley! I hope you have a fabulous fall as well.Lovely to see you here on my blog!

colleen said...

Thank you, Natasha! I love using my photographs to illustrate my blog. So kind of you to visit!

BeadZPassionista said...

You got me from the moment I saw your collage. As a retired career counselor I love the sound of Connie's course & her FB group. I'd almost sign up for it because I miss my field, but am happily spending my last transition as a jewelry designer. Tomorrow I buy my school supplies. Old habits, especially fun ones are meant to be kept.
I also wish I had a course for you to promote. Just love how enrolling you describe Reba's courses as well.
I really look forward to getting to know you. Have a fun filled holiday weekend!

colleen said...

Thank you for your lovely comments!I am especially pleased that you like my collage- we may be kindred spirits! I was also a career counselor at one time. I really enjoyed using Myers-Briggs (I still do,but not "officially"). I burned out (typical for me I now know) and ran a bookshop and a collectors catalogue of out of print and rare books for about 10 years. Then I burned out again!-and when I recovered I grew heirloom roses and perennials on my Flower Farm-sold cut flowers and did very well with garden design. You guessed it- the 10 year burnout struck again...
I hope you find some fun new school supplies! I love this time of year.So many fun new things - especially glitter glues and all sorts of coloring tools.
Maybe someday you will offer a course in jewelry making. I really enjoy cheering people on in their endeavors! Your designs on Pinterest are awesome!

BeadZPassionista said...

So great to meet a kindred soul only I don't burn out. I stayed with 1 agency, 1 position for 39 years but I always had special assignments. I like to think it was cause I was so good & special. It took me 28 years to burn out from my hubby & I'm staying with my new man now onto 17 years. I think I'm a good adapter. The thing about my becoming a jewelry designer is I didn't know I had talent or interest. What started as a hobby in retirement became a business when my talented artsy daughter, massage therapist took a shine & joined me.
It has been so fulfilling and I've stretched myself learning technology and social media marketing. Beth maintains website, photography and graphics. Nice division of labor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen! I love the smell of vanilla and didn't realize the beautiful clematis carried the scent. I also like your choice of Jane Austen quotes. September always makes me think about back to school, even though I haven't been back in many years. Thanks for all the links, I'll be checking them out eventually!

colleen said...

Hi Marcia! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my post. Is autumn beginning to show some signs up North?

Barbara said...

Hello Colleen, your vanilla-scented Clematis sounds perfect! I love vanilla, and I love clematis! I also like this time of the year. Terry and I have just got back from a walk, and we were amazed to see so many blackberries and hazel nuts – it is certainly a time of bounty.

I am very curious about the links you shared and will be exploring them further. I do belong to a couple of Facebook groups, but they are book related. I really should try to find more time to look around. I start looking at photographs/videos of my grandchildren. Move on to all the cats and dogs and by then it’s time to think about going to bed! ;-) I must get more organised. x

colleen said...

Hello Barbara! Blackberries and hazelnuts- delicious! I have hazelnut bushes, but the squirrels always get to them before I do. Do you make blackberry jam? How do you use the hazelnuts? Or do you leave them all for the wildlife?
looking at photos /videos of grandchildren, cats and dogs sounds like a lovely way to pass time! I sense that you are doing well- I always find getting more organised a nightmare! It seems to stifle creativity- but I do admit the chaos can get out of hand... I have to limit my access to Pinterest -I will look at images until my eyes fall out of my head!
I am going on a retreat so I will not be online very often for the next 3 weeks beginning this Friday the 9th.

Barbara said...

I haven't made blackberry jam for many years, but I do make the occasional blackberry and apple pie - delicious with custard and/or cream. As for hazelnuts, I eat them straight from the hedgerows but not too many as the squirrels need them more than I do.
I will look forward to hearing all about the retreat on your return. Have fun Barbara x

colleen said...

Barbara,I love that you let the squirrels have most of the hazelnuts! Blackberry-apple pie sounds delicious! Especially with custard.
I hope I can take lots of photos while I am in the real world and off line. Sending you a Big (((HUG))).